 Trains / 1645
Re: Learning Express: New Toy Store at 28th and East Paris
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:21:29 GMT

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:59:16 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote:

Stopped by the grand opening for Learning Express, a new franchise toy
store.  It's located by Shoe Carnival, at the corner of 28th street and
East Paris (avenue?).

They had 20% off everything.  Unfortunately, the LEGO was higher than
retail, and they only carried regular retail products.  Gotta get some
DACTA and service pack items!  More big TECHNIC sets!

We sort of know the owner, as she teaches at Nik and Taya's school. I
told her I was glad to see her carrying LEGO, asked her about pricing.
She claimed that her prices were lower than retail in some cases and
that she would have some specials. I did not dispute the point at the
time.

She was locking the door when we arrived.  She was kind enough to let us in
for a look around, and I didn't want to keep her long after a busy day.  So
I didn't look at everything.

I told her I'd like to see her carry the Trains line, and that if she
did, I would buy one of every thing in the current Trains line from her
as a show of support.

I'd like to see everything that's not available from general retail. :)

We'll see. We've spent over 150 there already, mostly on SanRio stuff.

They have a number of the DK books including both the new StarWars ones.

I missed those.  Kristin just bought the DK sales kit, so we won't be
buying any DK from retailers for awhile.

Steve