 Trains / 16438 (-10)
  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) It's not in use but there is a moderately huge roundhouse sitting right in downtown Toronto (near the CN Tower). It's now a distillery or something, but the building looks great! I keep meaning to take pics of that area sometime, to see if I (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:Gw4EwJ.44u@lugnet.com... (...) What do you call them over there? We have EMUs DMUs and DEMUs... (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

"Jonathan Reynolds" <scorch@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote in message news:Gw4J8M.Dnu@lugnet.com... (...) I have no yellow ones, and I see they are upwards of $.75 on bricklink. Perhaps I should invest... (...) I thought about laying some along a straight (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

Huw, I've been struggling with the same thing. The only thing I can think of is to use the 1 x 2 x 3 train windows. But these are still pretty hard to come by in grey or black. And in most cases they are too tall to look right. Perhaps 1 x 2 x 2 (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) Dammit, Huw, I was going to try and do one of these! I even took loads of pictures on my way up to Gael's! I thought I'd surprise everyone by doing a modern train. Sheesh. I regularly race these things along the M27 and out of Fareham on my (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) ;-)) Who said it would be a one week projekt? (...) But at this point I wanted to throw in another hint: - Do you think a turntable of 32 Studs is enough for all of your engines (and the ones you might build in future? (But as long as your (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Baggage Car MOC.

Thanks for checking it out. And I am glad you like my design. I am also happy it didnt take to much to get the 1/4 offset. Cause I realy like the look of it over the standard half stud offset. To me the half stud offset is just to far in, and doesnt (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) Nice to see another EMU in Lego, Huw. I built an unpowered VEP/SEP unit in blue/grey about 20 years ago using a much cruder method, but I found that classic 2x2 windows worked best, partially hidden behind the 'pillars' of the vestibule ends. (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) Well...? What's stopping you from making it 8 wide? :-) (...) It looks good to me. I'd like to see it with that snappy red and orange striping-- with the blue windows it would look tres cool! (...) I tried an ostrich once, but the project (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Work in progress, an EMU

Please take a look at this work in progress, the front of an electric multiple unit, and let me know what you think. (URL) is the sort of thing I am trying to recreate, but it's difficult in 6 wide: (URL) it pass for one? The difficulty is the (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact