 Trains / 16387
  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

(...) This is really cool, Steve. Milling grooves into the parts can get you designs that would be impossible or at least costly to mold into the part. Molding a texture on the side of a brick is expensive. It requires more moving parts in the mold, (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO meeting the engraver

Erik, As someone with a little molding experience (sand casting for metal, and injection molding), I understand what you're saying. I thought for a while about how to do that, and you are right, you do need a moving cam inside the mold so the part (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains)