 Trains / 16196
Re: New MOC: Train Station of "Schapen"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:25:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason Spears writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Dear Lego® Enthiusiasts,

Some more pictures are published in a gallery at 1000steine.de
http://www.1000steine.de/gallery3/g207/index.pl?search=1&header=id&method=exa • ct

The building uses lots of SNOT building techniques (windown upside down -
halftimbered part completely snotted, first floor all in SNOT too). But • despite
of that fact it is quite stable, because in the inside there are extra walls
that hold the SNOT-parts together. That means the walls have in total a
thickness of 3 studs, what makes the building a real heavy weight.

I don't believe I have ever seen anyone build a wall sidways like this.  very
interesting.

The first floor might be without prototype so far. But the basement was much
more complicated. I always loved this kind of building technique like done
here in Legoland Billund:

That is in the end very similar to the half-timbered basement of my station
building. I would love to try this stone-wall in a church building, but it
works only for quite big wall areas - which oversteps my amount of grey tiles
and dark gray plates by far.

Kind Regards,

Ben