 Trains / 15685
Re: Santa Fe War Bonnet sticker alternative
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 00:36:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
As an approximation to the Santa Fe war bonnet sticker, try using the rubber
stretcher hanger element to wrap around the front of the nose.

Use 1x1 plate clip elements to secure the rubber element arms to the side of
the nose:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4085a

Applied to the model:

later,
James Mathis

Hmmmmmmm...
Looks interesting.  I don't have any stretchers, though.:-(
But believe me, you don't want stickers on forever.  When I was little, I
always put on stickers, and months later, when I took them off they would
leave little white frizzy paper-and-glue marks.  I can't figure out how to
remove them!

John Kruer