 Trains / 15364
Review: Passenger Wagon 10015 (My Own Train)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 23:02:54 GMT

Hello!

I just received the whole-shebang train set from S@H (as well as the
Blacksmith Shop, which I assembled first).  What a great train this is!  The
caboose and the passenger wagon are my favorites.  I will probably order
another color engine, as black was not my first choice.

I would like to focus on the Passenger Wagon:  What do I like about it?  It
bridges the gap nicely between fantasy and reality.  What do I mean by that?
It is so picturesque, so pretty to look at, like something out of a story
book.  But at the same time, it is quite functional and literal -- just
exactly what I imagine old-fashioned passenger wagons were like.

The color is great.  Something about the strong combination of green and
black is very powerful.  Red is a great accent for this.

Also, the windows are utterly beautiful.  Very graceful, unique and unlike
any LEGO windows I've seen.  I love seeing them in a whole row...

The back and front need the following improvement:  The doors open, which is
great, but it would be impossible for passengers to move from one car to the
next while the train is in motion, because the end-railings get in the way.
What they need instead is: side railings at each end; and some way for
people to cross from car to car.

NEXT CARS they should make are ones in the same overall black/green design,
including dining cars, sleeping cars and baggage cars.  A whole string of
these, adding just a black engine and a red caboose, would make a beautiful
sight.

Speaking of "a whole string":  A single one of these cars also makes a great
stand-alone trolley.  Just add a motor and let it ride around the track all
by itself -- you'll see what I mean.

Paul