 Trains / 15182
Re: Super Chief and it's Numbers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 02:12:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Benjamin Medinets writes:
In lugnet.trains, Ahui Herrera writes:
For all of us that were at Brickswest did anyone see anything about a
"Certificate" saying that your engine is number XXXX?

I ask becausee even if you have a regsitry of which engine you have this is
really NOT a collectors item as lego is making it out to b. You could a)
have a 1x1 tile re-number by someone who does this kind of stuff to give
your super chief any number b) have the guy who made the engraved bricks for
brickswest do the job and have an engraved brick, c) use a pen and make a
number yourself.

Do you underdatnd what I am saying.  We are 'all' seeing the super chief as
a nice engine, good lego model but how many people out there (non-legoish)
are looking at this as a collector's item.  Tha last thing I want to strat
seeing is the falsification on numbers...
-AHui

If there isn't a "certificate"...then the next <prudent> thing would be to
keep your receipt from your shipment.  This way here, you have unrefutable
evidence that your SuperChief is the REAL DEAL.

I would be real surprised if your receipt will have the engine # on it.So
that does you very little in proving you have x number engine.