 Trains / 14809
14808  |  14810
Subject:
Jackson Street Roundhouse Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 02:33:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

All-

We've completed our Jackson Street Roundhouse Show this weekend.  Overall, a
very enjoyable show.  Our pictures are here:

http://www.gmltc.org/gallery_main.asp

(Got the org right this time...)

Some points of interest for us.  Our new trailer, CaelGodizilla in town, and
our guest White Castle.  We had a good number of people bring their Lego
Trains for us.  About 10-12 trains from home and a good number of cars from
the play area that we ran.  Not to mention that White Castle that a kid
brought for us to place on the layout.

Gave away a few shop at home phone numbers and sent three families directly
to the Mall of America to get a new train set.  We had one grandfather run
his kids back to thier home in Hasting (about an hour away) to get their
trains so that they could run them on the layout.  It would seem that
telling the kids that we would run thier trains if they brought them made
for some good incentative for kids to go home and build.

And that's not even the best news of the show.

The Minnesota Transport Museum (http://www.mtmuseum.org/) who run the
Jackson Street Roundhouse and the GMLTC have entered discussions to start
displaying the GMLTC layout quarterly.  Also we are looking at a space in
the lower level of the train roundhouse as a new club workspace and
permenant home of the train layout.  If this works out, we will not only be
able to build new trains from pictures of the real thing, we'll sit right by
the real thing.  *grin*

Details to follow as they warrant.

-John 3