 Trains / 14806
14805  |  14807
Subject:
Another dwatted DATted point motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 12:05:02 GMT

Okay, here's my point motor design, in DAT form:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?n=1749

It's powerful enough to operate a normal (unmodified) point, but it's also
overrun protected thanks to the double belt drive.  Personally, I like to
link two of these together to operate a passing loop.

For power, i use an 8V regulated tap-off from my modified train controller,
which powers a polarity switch.  The output of this is used to control the
motor(s).  You may find you need to vary the elastic bands to get the right
power, depending on whether you're using batteries or another contoller.

It uses the same liftarm control as Wessel Burger's clutch-driven point
motor; see the bottom link here:
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=14778

Mine uses older technic parts that I have plenty of, so you should be able
to build several of these - assuming you have enough motors.

I apoogise to those who can't make use of the DAT file - I will add a
rendered version of the instructions to my website when I next update it,
and let you know then.

Jason J Railton