 Trains / 14724
  Re: Gear and Axle Strength (was Re: Power Pullin' With My Tractor)

(...) Has anyone tried making an axle of 2x2 round bricks with bearings made from 1x4 arch bricks? I just played with it a little and it looks like the bearing would work ok. You could also make a bearing from macaroni bricks, but I think it would (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gear and Axle Strength (was Re: Power Pullin' With My Tractor)

(...) Well, I've been experimenting with macaroni bearings, and had some pretty good results. You can attach 24 & 40 tooth gears directly to the 2x2 rounds - this means the axle only has to take all the load at one small point. I haven't yet tested (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gear and Axle Strength (was Re: Power Pullin' With My Tractor)

(...) Another approach that doesn't require the macaroni but should be almost as good is to simply use the 2x2 rounds as strengtheners. Since they stick together with the studs and also have an axle hole down the middle, you could use them to (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)