 Trains / 14723 (-5)
  Point Motor Instructions

Hi folks, I still occasionally get requests for information on my old automatic point motor. Well, I've long since moved to a more compact and reliable model, and after the rtlToronto Train3 show last weekend, I've decided to post the instructions (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Gear and Axle Strength (was Re: Power Pullin' With My Tractor)

(...) That sounds like a very good solution. My solution to preventing axle shear has been to create multiple shear planes (like the hinges of the boom on my crawler crane). The problem is that it takes up a lot of room and there can be a lot of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Power Pullin' With My Tractor

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes: Thanks for the update! (...) Long long ago, when I first got into the hobby, I was corresponding with John Gerlach about lift bridges and he reported axle failures, but it was due to shear rather than torque. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Level Crossing Gate 815 Variation

(...) parts. Are you planning on pointing out the variations of basic bricks? A 2x4 brick has gone through at least 4 different designs, and likely there are more that I can't think of offhand. Also, I think that you are missing another variant of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cass #5

There are quite a few good pictures at the Cass Railroad Site www.cassrailroad.com The cass scenic railroad has several shays, a climax and a hiesler. The web site has pictures of most of thier engines. There is also several books out on cass' (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact