 Trains / 14266
    Request for lending a 9V transformer in the Toronto area... —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
   Dear Lugnetters from Toronto! A collegue of mine - Henning Schlums - has sent a 3225 train set as christmas present to his young nephew who lives in Toronto / Markham. Additionally he has ordered some straight and curved track plus the 9V (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Request for lending a 9V transformer in the Toronto area... —Calum Tsang
     (...) Hi Reinhard, I can certainly lend a transformer/track tap/speedreg for the Christmas holidays until his package arrives from S@H. I'll email you my contact info. Calum (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Request for lending a 9V transformer in the Toronto area... —Trevyn Watson
   What about going to radioshack/canadian tire and buying a universal transformer? They arent very expensive. However, I dont know what the characteristics of a lego train tranformer are. Of course, since this is Toronto, a visit to Active Surplus (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Request for lending a 9V transformer in the Toronto area... —Calum Tsang
   (...) IIRC given a 3225 and track only, he'll need a full 4548 Speed Regulator package, which includes a AC adapter transformer, a speed regulator itself (the black panel with the big yellow knob) and a track tap wire. I've got several extra (due to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Request for lending a 9V transformer in the Toronto area... —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
   (...) Thanks a lot Calum! You have saved the christmas eve for a kid! I wrote to you via mail already, but wanted to take the chance to say a thank you right here too. We would be happy to take the chance. Hennings brother (father of the kid) will (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)