 Trains / 14159
14158  |  14160
Subject:
My entry to the ISCC (train)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 19:23:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi!

My entry to the ISCC is my Restaurant car.
http://www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/trains/restaurant.htm
(if you dont use Internet Exploter it might not work, then use
http://www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/ and find it under "creations" or the same
under "creations" - "trains")

The car is a part of my long distance train, based on Russian models.
Similar cars were built primary in DDR but also in Latvia and used all over
the Sovjet Union, Mongolia and some in China. This is a model, I do not want
to build it with all 12 windows.
The car is normal lego scale, just broad gauge therefore 7 wide. It is built
for pleasure (?), well at least for getting something to eat during the
trip. Therefore "A pleasure ride" or "romance".
The longest rides take 158 (some say 162) hours from start to destination.
Restuarant cars do usually not go that long, they only follow the train for
app. 100 hours, then it returns with another train (they switch restuarant
cars or bistro cars)

I would like to participate with my complete train, but that would be wrong
as other parts were published earlier this year. Only this car is new. A
fourth and final car is on its way, but I lack bricks...

I will update the page on December 16, I miss some pictures (I do not own a
digital camera) if it is not wrong. The pictures are one of the trough way
and 2 of the complete train to show the use of the car.

I updated my page now, one can find additional information there.
http://www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/

Best regards
Sonnich