 Trains / 13461
Re: Set 116
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 03:16:20 GMT

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001 17:18:31 GMT, "Reinhard \"Ben\" Beneke"
<r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote:

Congratulations Matthias!

I'm not too sure about, but as far as I know nearly all train sets of the 60ies
and 70ies [**] came with a circle out of 16 curved sections and two straight
lines
of each 2 straight sections. (In total an oval of the lenght of 16+4 = 20
sections).

But please be careful:

Sets 150 and 151 came with 28 bricks. That have been 10 ties (or sleepers) and
2x9 rails. So in total sets 150 and 151 contained 9 sections of track (which
makes no sense for the curved track!).

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/151

Later the sets got new numbers (156 + 157) and had the amount of track in it,
which is same untill today - 8 sections of track.

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/156_2

So be careful with rail-counting. You might get into this trap easiely...

Ben

my 116
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/blue_era.html#116

[**]
Different at least for 113 and 119

Thanks for the very helpful info and especially the links. I found
several of the other models from my garage sale find including 2
steerable trucks and the steerable farm tractor and trailer on those
pages too.

It turns out that the set I have is 127 (magnetic couplers and
single-piece electrical connector) not 116 as I had previously
thought. It was also good to see my original Lego train
(122/123/124/125) which I demo'd at the Toronto Lego club's
(rtlToronto) 2nd train show in August - first time in 20 years I've
run it.

Anyway, this is getting me all revved up about trains again....

Matthias Jetleb
VA3-MWJ