 Trains / 13278
13277  |  13279
Subject:
Ambassador trains at PNLTC's LLCA venue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:25:18 GMT

Hi all,
as the original thread wandered off-track, I'm posting this separately...

The dust is still settling after PNLTC's venture to LEGOLAND, the largest in
our group's history.  Consequently, and to maintain a high degree of quality
with both the website and on-going show efforts, it's taken some time to
process everything.  I know that most pics of ambassador contributions have
not yet been posted, and a video is also being prepared which will show
allot of stuff in action.  I'll be requesting that PNLTC look at sending
complimentary videos to the ambassador car groups as a Thank You.  This will
absorb some small overpayments sent with a few of the ambassasor cars, and
PNLTC will gladly make up the difference.

Please consider the scope of the project in conjunction with the fact that
PNLTC maintains a relatively agressive show schedule -- 5-8 or more venues a
year.  Based on John Gerlach's comments and reaction to seeing the PNLTC
layout, the total effort was about 4-5x what GMLTC mounted in 2000.  I don't
say that to discount GMLTC's fine efforts in any way, just that PNLTC
members invested allot of time in this enterprise.  Post-show, many members
have had to balance hobby and non-hobby commitments.  In particular, Steve
Barile and Dwayne Towell have performed yeoman's duty in collecting and
mounting stuff to the site.

There isn't a PNLTC member that wouldn't like to show off everything
yesterday, and we've had to grit down to keep up an expected level of
quality; the bar in this group is constantly being raised and we know it.
Personally, I'm in awe of the groups that can turn around so quickly and
post pics.  Thanks again for any patience extended towards PNLTC's show and
website efforts.

dan parker
Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club