 Trains / 13049
Re: Harry Potter train?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:25:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Brian Korn writes:
While searching for gifts for my wife (she loves the harry potter stuff) I
found the following set.

http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?Set=4708-1

Anyone know if this is a 9V compatible set, or anything else about the set?

It is not 9V compatible, since it uses the "normal" wheels like known from the
"Adventurer" sets by Lego. Of course it will be easy for any train-head to
exchange the wheels against 9V wheel sets....

Looking at the picture it does not seem that a train engine is in either
car...

Definitely no motor in engine and car.

One more comment: If it is a US set and if they charge about the same in
both US and Germany (lots of if's) this should retail for less than $50.
Yippy!

I don't think so: TLC counts 1 US$ = 2 DM (for e.g. Sopwith Camel: 50$ or 100
DM). I don't know why it is this way: taxes or shipping costs?

So you will have to expect a price of 127 DM = 60 .. 65 $US

Kind Regards,

Ben

Just my 2 cents:
If you really want a Potter train, you have to buy this one, but if you want a
nice train, you better buy a KT107 plus a pair of 10015 passenger waggons for
the same money.
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/new__era.html#kt107
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/new__era.html#10015