 Trains / 12944
Re: "N" class diesel loco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 22:08:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford writes:
Features:

* Working headlights
* Working 4-cylinder diesel engine
* Head-end power
* It's got SNOT!!

Enjoy!

http://www.lugnet.com/~469/projects/n-class

ROSCO

follow-ups to lugnet.trains

Ross,

Very good model...I've been toying with the idea of building one for a
while, but couldn't work out how to put the doors in.

Well, I just took the Lego way out (no doors)!!

(amongst other problems)

Just curious though...what's 'S-Line' ?

That was just me playing around! To do with my other current big project 8?)

Like Bob said, it's probably a bit big...

[BTW, We'll have to give it a cornering test at the next meeting, like the
Crocodile engine got :) (And Mandy suggests a "people" test...to be read:
running over a minifig chained to the tracks.]

8?) It's pretty heavy, so I don't rate the minifigs' chances very high! It's
pretty good in the corners - I have it running on my oval
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=62194 which is pretty steep
- 1 brick per 2 track sections in the corners - and it's quite happy going
down that on 5. Can even do 6 with a long train.

ROSCO