 Trains / 12825
12824  |  12826
Subject:
Hello from LegoLand CA!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 05:06:11 GMT

Howdy all,

Well, here we are at Carlsbad, all set-up and ready to go for this weekends
show!

We arrived yesterday (Thursday) and started setting up in the afternoon and
finished up today (Friday).  We've had several local people form the SCLTC
(Southern Califorinia Lego Train Club) - John, Adrian and Paul (don't
remember their last names).  They have been very helpful in directing us
around town to pick up late arriving members and purchase PVC pipe for table
leg risers (we arrived to find out we were short a few risers!)

We've had a great time so far and we haven't even stared showing off to the
public yet!  If you come out to see us, we're not in the same place that
GMLTC set up last year (they were just above the model shop).  We are set up
in the 'Pavilion' which is a large relatively permenant tent structure
behind the Mindstorm building just to the right of the main gate.

We've got the largest layout we've ever done (well, not track footage wise
of course :) and I'll have to say myself that it looks pretty good (of
coures, I'm a plywooder :) !  A lot of hard work has come from a lot of
people.  I'd post some early pics but I can't FTP right now :(  You'll have
to wait a day or two for pics.  But they'll be comming.  I've taken almost
100 pictures myself so far.

John G. (J1) of GMLTC arrived earlier this afternoon.  It was nice to meet
him.  If any of you come down please be sure and introduce yourself.  So
many names and so few faces.

I'm sure we'll be sending more updates as the weekend progresses (or as
people get home to where they have connectivity).

Kim Toll
(PNLTC)