 Trains / 12662
Re: MOC Relaunch: Rheingold cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:29:45 GMT

Adrian,
Very nice! I attempted a Rheingold coach too, but mine are much simpler. I
couldn't get the stripe across the top of the windows or a recessed door (I
guess in 8 wide it could work). I was a little constrained by brick
availability, the blue-purple (looks like plain blue) only comes in 2x3 low
slope in the McD sets. It took 14 McD sets per car and I made 4 cars plus a
Royal Hudson Steam Engine with tender using the same blue-purple (18 more
McD sets), instead of the "wine" color in the real color scheme. 74 sets
total, 296 slopes, wow I never did the math before! We started to call McD
Happy Meals, Unhappy Meals!

Rheingold coach:
Royal Hudson:
Color Table:
blue-purple (R,G,B) ~= 81,53,144

SteveB
P.S. Sorry to use your post for self promotion, I just wanted to add to the
thread and I got a bit self indulgent!

In lugnet.trains, Adrian Rohnfelder writes:
Based on a proposal from the german lego forum I started rebuilding my
rheingold cars: I modified the ends from 4-wide to 5-wide which looks much
better now I think; I also added door handles to the passenger car:

Flash:
http://www.knopf-und-stein.de (just press blue button)

HTML:
http://www.knopf-und-stein.de/html/rheingold/index.htm