 Trains / 12244
Re: znap track monorail!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 18:36:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven  Barile writes:
I just found this on Brickshelf, who is "Ka-On Lee"???? This is a great
idea. Perhaps doubling (or tripling up) on the depth of the rails and/or
alternating them can strengthen them. What a cool concept!

SteveB
PS sorry Ka-On Lee if I posted before you were ready, but this is a must see
in terms of fresh ideas!

Ka-On wowed us Friday night at our most recent ParLUGment meeting with his
homegrown monorail on a ZNAP track.
He used a single 9V motor & wormgear to drive 2 of those balloon space tires
(http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4288) which were held against
the track with an elastic I believe. Jude tested it's torque by making it go
up a steep grade, which it did without any problem. Ka-On said he would use
technic beams/plates or something to maintain the rigidity of the track on a
larger scale. Anyways, you can read Jude's short review of it here:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/parlugment/?n=182
Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)
ParLUGment #2