 Trains / 12197
  A nice summer surprise

This may be CDS (Compartment Dork Syndrome) but here goes... My family has just returned from up north and they brought back...a huge tub of LEGO®!!! Actually they had gotten it from an aunt who had stored them for 7-8 years. Upon going through the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) I can cite the pristine TYCO Superblocks in my collection dating from at least the time of your bricks, while formerly white LEGO bricks from the same period are a gentle shade of urine. I think it's the luck of the draw insofar as your (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

Its a fact that whenever you buy a box of LEGO from a car boot sale (here in cardiff at least) It'll have a good few Tyco And MegaBlox in it. I do enjoy binning them James "Harvey Henkelman" <HarveyHenkelman@webtv.net> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) -Harvey My collection has a (very) few megabloks :-( They're still white and I know why. *WARNING: ANTI-CLONE STATEMENT* Even the dirt and dust won't touch it :) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) Nothing wrong with an anti-clone statement here. After all, this is the LEGO® Users Group Network. I woundn't expect a Republican to campaign at a Democrat convention anyway (to cite a parallel) Clone bricks are the ENEMY here, they undermine (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) Heh. Well, all I can say is that I've been overwhelmingly delighted with MegaBloks sets over the past five years, and overwhelmingly disappointed with LEGO during that same time frame (with the notable and commendable exceptions of some of the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) LEGO® has done plenty to undermine its good name on its own, thankyouverymuch, and the presence of a viable competitor can only serve to remind LEGO® that market solvency is by no means assured. I don't mind or refute that LUGNET-at-large is a (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) James, My English ain't so good. Please translate: "car boot sale" and "binning" Thanks Bob (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) [snip] Hi, I asked my nephew (Rim, 18) about 2 months ago if I could get "my" old Lego back, you know, for my 3 year old son (he he). Yesterday was the big day. My old "bucket" (40cm diameter and 60 cm high) was still there, not as full as I (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) Fellow 'Muricans (and Britons): Here's a useful idiom-digger for US/UK idioms. Who knows, it may help save a life (or avoid a head scratching): (URL) But in short, "binning" = pitching/tossing/---...g/throwing out; "car boot sale" has no (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

all true.. we have a few regular car boot sales here in Cardiff wales as people do all over the UK, depending on the weather, usually 100 - 300 cars full of old junk (some people will buy anything...really) and some fantastic gems. The beauty is if (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) Hamfests (events where ham or amateur radio enthusiasts gather, not places to find the latest scoop on cured pork) often have a "tailgating" area which is basically the same thing, though semi-formalized (it's usually free or just a few (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)