 Trains / 121
    Track Switch solenoids —Larry Andersen
   I recently discovered that Newark Electronics carries a range of solenoids in their catalog. Has anyone tried using a solenoid for actuating Lego track switches? Everything I've seen or designed using Lego parts ends up either being way too large or (...) (26 years ago, 11-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Track Switch solenoids —Matt Agnew
   (...) Larry - I don't know if I've talked to you about this yet, but I modified my switches to work on air power. This involves drilling the switch apart and gluing it back together, but it _is_ an all-LEGO solution, and relatively cheap, too. (URL) (...) (26 years ago, 16-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Track Switch solenoids —Larry Andersen
   (...) My problem with using pneumatics for the job is that the pistons stick after sitting for a while. You have to break them loose manualy before they will work normalyy again. I forsee another problem using them for my layouts since the distances (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Track Switch solenoids —Jasper Janssen
   On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 01:39:31 GMT, Larry Andersen <neonglass@earthlink.net> wrote: :My problem with using pneumatics for the job is that the pistons stick :after sitting for a while. You have to break them loose manualy before :they will work (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)