 Trains / 12020
12019  |  12021
Subject:
Wreck Crane Revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 23:13:33 GMT

Some of you might remember that about eight months ago I was working on
a Crane MOC.  I had abandoned the project for a while due to other
priorities... Anyway I saw it on a shelf this afternoon and  decided to
give it another go.  Here are the current results:

The crane car base is about 38 studs long while the boom about 32 studs
long.  It's motorized, the boom raises and lowers along with the hook.
Power connections for the motors are on the underside of the base and
they plug into a handheld control unit.  I might intergrate some sort of
control box into the boom car (1) at some point.  I wish I could have it
rotate on its own power but there isn't enough room to fit this all in
the body easily.

  I still have to add the hook on the end of the boom along with a few
other details.  I'm not to happy with the base of the crane, it tends to
sag.  I'm also not to sure about the trucks.  All the pictures of this
model show only two wheelsets per truck although my instincts say it
should have three.

I'm looking to improve this model before brickfest so if you guys have
any comments, I would surely appreciate them.

-chris

1- i am working on a different boom car that is more boom car like than
this gondola.