 Trains / 11979
  a good reference book?

i'm sort of on the verge of diving into trains and was wondering what some good reference books would be to pick up, ones that have some nice detailed pictures and such. also, what's this debate of 8-wide versus 6-wide? i don't quite get it. thanks. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a good reference book?

(...) I would search the web first, there is tons of stuff on trains just use a good search engine like www.google.com (...) Basically its the width of the train scaled against the track.. Legos Standard 6 wide when scaled against the track is (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a good reference book?

(...) 8wide is more of a US thing, US rolling stock & Locomotives are larger. This site has many US railroad pictures: (URL) were I get most of my pictures from. There's other sites too. Josh (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a good reference book?

(...) ???!!! Don't let HoMa (Germany) or Gianluca (Italy) hear you say that! Sorry, but 8wide is definitely a world-wide phenomenon. -John (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a good reference book?

(...) Hi Ace- I *just* answered this question a few days ago, here: (URL) that helps (HTH)! -Shiri (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)