 Trains / 11492
Re: Train 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 15:30:38 GMT

Hi Tim,

I know what you mean.  For a while I was trying to get a 4558 on ebay
but they always kept going way too high.

However I have finally won my metroliner - two of them in fact!  There
was two 4558 in one auction from a guy in Germany - no track included -
but I got them for under $200 U.S. - FOR TWO!

They haven't arrived yet, but I'll let you know when they get here.  The
trick to getting cheap train stuff is to bid on the stuff from over
seas, as a lot of people only like to buy items in North America.

Also, look for items that are described poorly.  For example if a
metroliner auction doesn't have the word 'train' or 'lego' in the title,
I can guarantee that item will sell a lot lower.  Before I won that
double 4558 auction, I saw two other metroliners go for around $110-$120
each.  All because they were mislabeled and located overseas.  I only
missed winning them due to timing.

Other cheap items I have gotten from overseas include a complete 4563
for $75 and complete 4555 for $56.

My next quest is to get a complete 4564 for cheap - these things seem to
go way higher than metroliners...

Tim Strutt wrote:

I won a pair of fake electrical contacts for the top of the Metroliner.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1600628058
I'm going to collect mine piece by piece. Just kidding.
I am bidding on 2 right now, and God willing, I hope to get one of them.
I'm getting desperate...

Tim Strutt   8^)