 Trains / 10987
    MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun —Shaun Sullivan
    Hi All, I've uploaded some pictures of my latest MOCs - a German K5 Leopold 28 cm Rail Gun, a freight car to carry the ammo, and a flatbed car carrying a Sd.Kfz 250 Halftrack. The flatbed car is pretty self-explanatory. It can be found here: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

        Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun —Josh Baakko
     In lugnet.trains, Shaun Sullivan writes: <snip...> (...) I apologise for the dorkyness of my sniping, but i came to mind so i had to put it. Thats amazing, i like howmuch it bends in the corners, sticks way out... The gun looks real too, i like the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

        Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun —Mladen Pejic
     Wow! I can safely say Shaun, I have not found anybody who has such a love and talent for building detailed WWII war machines... The K5 is yet another great example your incredible skills and building techniques. Now get crackin' on building "Dora"! (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

         Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun —Harvey Henkelman
     (...) I've thought of building 'Dora' myself, but this would present some problems. 1.The gun was mounted on a double track (and curved at that!) LEGO does not make more than one radius of curved track, so the model should be displayed on straight (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

        Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun —Harvey Henkelman
     (...) Shaun, I have posted a picture of my V188 diesel which was used to haul the 'Dora','Schwerer Gustav', as well as the 'Anzio Annie' railguns. The electric current from the V188's traction motors helped to power the various railway artillery. My (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

         Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun —Larry Pieniazek
      (...) <snip AMAZING info on an AMAZING model!!!> (...) This model has stuff for many factions, bring it on! (...) A nitpick... Surely you mean "current from the V188's generator" since traction motors are mounted in the trucks and provide traction (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

          Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun —Harvey Henkelman
      (...) This is what I read from the article, but I think we all know that the generator (or alternator for that matter too) is the true source of power. As for the possibility of using the traction motors? Let us not forget dynamic braking. -Harvey (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

          Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun —Larry Pieniazek
      (...) Grin. (Take a second to picture a gun crew franticly trying to service that behemoth while hanging on for dear life as the train screams downgrade at the edge of controllability so that the dynamic braking can supply some current to the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

          Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun —Harvey Henkelman
      (...) That would be funny, poor ol' Nazis could never get off a single shot. But yes, the generators supplied the railguns with electrical power.-Harvey (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

         Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun —Harvey Henkelman
     (...) By the way, the V188 had a Do+Do wheel arrangement. The wheels were fixed in the frame rather than mounted in swiveling trucks.-Harvey (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

        Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun —Mattias Martensson
     Congratulations Shaun to another fantastic mastermodel. Fascinating that the gun is motorised also. Do you use the pneumatic pressure as a counterweight for the gun barrel. I wish you could take same pictures of the interior design. I have also a (...) (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

         Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun —Shaun Sullivan
      (...) Thanks :) (...) The pneumatic pressure is the actuator that lifts the gun. The motor only serves to run one air cylinder as an air compressor. That pressurized air is then fed into one of the large pneumatic air pistons, which is pinioned to (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

        Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun —Marc Cook
   Shaun, I've seen your work on brickshelf before and I am just floored by the detail. You are, by far, one of the best lego modelers out there. 8 Your attention to detail is clearly seen in the beautiful re-creations of WWII and Star Wars machines. I (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)