 Trains / 10799
Re: Extent of 'custom' trains now revealed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:56:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
To quote the set descriptions that are now on lego.com
"Introducing the 1st ever LEGO train engine where YOU get to choose the
style and color!  Kits include building instructions and all the pieces
you need to build the train engine you select. Choose from four engine
styles, small, large, small with tender and large with tender. Plus you
get to pick the color - blue, green, black, brown and grey. Building
instructions include information on how to add the lights and motor.
Lights, motor and tracks sold separately."

Well, I'm happy that there's a green one (even though I've just built my own
green engine).  I'm dying to order one.  A sort of muted "I told you so"
from those of us who figured it would just be a colour swap, not a
full-blown engine designer suite - muted because there seems to be more than
one design there, and you can leave the tender off.  [Cue clamouring for
having coloured tenders available as 'upgrade kits' - some people are never
statisfied ;) ].  Alright, kudos to those who never got sucked into the
whole silly discussion, too.

The other colours are a bit curious though.  I don't want to sound
hypocritical, because I love building rolling stock in brown and tan and
other realistic muted colours - but steam engines are typically a little
colourful.  At least a red one would appeal to the kids market, wouldn't it?

Anyway, get your speculation in now, before they finish it!  ;)

Come on, I want one!  I want one!

Jason J Railton