 Trains / 10521
10520  |  10522
Subject:
We are up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:50:35 GMT

After many months of trying to get ourselves organized, WE HAVE DONE IT!  At
long, long last the Southern California Lego Train Club has a site anyone
can visit.  Currently, members include myself, John Gramley, Dan Pearson,
and Robert Powell.  If you wish to visit our site, here it is
http://130.191.144.125/dpearson/scltc/  We are in a transition phase right
now to get an easier name like many others out there and expect to have that
done soon.  If you live in the Southern California region and have any
intentions of joining us, please feel free to contact any of us.

We are examining possibilities in both 8 wide and 6 wide train designs,
commercial and commuter trains, as well as train related structures
(stations, cranes, road crossings, etc.) and the use of the RCX in trains
and related items.

Our first full presentation event is to have a layout for the Del Mar Fair
in June in San Diego county.  (Oh, and unlike last year, we DO expect to do
it, not just talk!)  If another Kidvention is held, we intend to be a
participant like the other were in the submission of a train car or other
item(s).

Any input is welcome.

Thanks,  Adrian Egli