 Trains / 10482
Re: A Whole New Breed of Tank Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:09:37 GMT

"Christopher Tracey" <ctracey@enviroweb.org> wrote in message
news:3ABEB875.8C10F9F4@enviroweb.org...
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Hi all,

I posted pics of my first train MOC ... it's a little light-hearted
something for NELUG's upcoming train show.  It's not really grounded in
"reality" or "rational thought", per se, but I consider it the next
generation of tank cars.

Yeah, right ;)

please LMKWYT,
shaun]

Cute, but it's been done (by Lionel in the 1940s) and it's called an
*aquarium* car.

Now make it explode. :-) Lionel never did that.

Seriously, i like detail. And de-tail in this car is neat. All of it.

Tom Cook did a similar version last year using parts from 4561:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/Sets/4561a/4561A-04.htm
(1)

I'd also like to say that I like the look of the detail on yours.  It
just implies heavy-duty filtration. Neat.

-chris

1- sorry for breaking out of tom's frames.  check out his whole site at
http://www.lgauge.com/

I like Shaun's aquarium car much better than mine.  The filters and plant life really help, I think.
And, no problem with breaking my frames; I do it all the time!