 Trains / 10291
  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) If you really want to be able to tell, get a copy of Second Diesel Spotter's Guide. But it's not a critical thing to be able to tell every variant. ++Lar (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) I'm not interested in the 'every varient' thing, but I would like to know if there is some way to tell (other than sheer volume of knowledge base, which is how trainheads do it, I assume) what an engine I'm looking at is. Beyond the basic (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)