 Trains / 1010
Re: Set 113 (wasHelp needed to identify parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:48:18 GMT

Hello Bill and Mark,
the blue bricks decorated with city-name logos suggests that you have set
#113.  This set featured a blue 4.5v motor and battery case, boxcar-type POST
car, and a passenger car with printed bricks HAMBURG, BASEL, and GENOA.  Ample
blue track (inc. crossing) and the stop-start-reverse semaphore, too.

You may find a picture in the usual places though I haven't looked.  I have
the set at home with instructions if I may of more service to you.

Dan Parker/Pacific NW LEGO Train Club
http://www.pnltc.org

In lugnet.trains, Mark Harrison writes:
Hi Bill,

Have a look at set 153  which uses these double wheel set bogies.
Between the baseplate and wheelsets there is an old style round
turntable
I didn't know you were into trains.

Mark H.

Bill Moreau wrote:

I recently received a large assortment of old LEGOs and need help in
identifying the set to which they might belong.  There are two white 4x6 • plates
with integral 2x4 wheel housings and an integral 1x2 plate protruding from • one
end.  There is also a hole in the center of the 4x6 plate.  Along with this • are
three 1x6 blue bricks, 2 of which have a white printed rectangle with • "Genova"
showing through in the blue brick color and the other shows "Basel" in the • same
manner.  Can anyone identify the set number and name for me?

Some time ago I posted a request for information on a set #080, Ambassador
Train Set, but did not receive a response concerning year of manufacture, • where
it was available or any other pertinent information.  It is definitely
Samsonite because of the information on the box.  The instructions show base
plates with a mostly smooth surface but the base plates included with the • set
are 100% studded.  Any information would help.

Thank you,

Bill