 Trains / *9269 (-20)
  Re: New idea for tanker cars..

(...) I've Brasso'ed one of my white segments, and I can certainly say it looks real purdy. I'm not particularly a trainhead (yet), but I do see some grey and white tankers in my future. :) James (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New idea for tanker cars..

Time to brake out the Brasso or Brake fluid for the white segments. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New idea for tanker cars..

(heeheehee) Any reason to trot out some of my stuff! :) I'd just post a link to the original thread, but the search engine is disabled at the moment and I'm too lazy to go drilling, so I'll just go with a link to the pictures. Sorry they're so huge, (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New idea for tanker cars..

I bought the Star Wars Escape Capsule of the 2001 series. It came with the for real big quarter cylinder pieces. Two were grey, and the other two had some wierd designes on them. Anyway, back to my idea, get a few of the grey ones, and put them all (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New Gallery on PNTLC

GATS - Great American Train Show Seattle, WA - Nov. 18-19, 2000 Just click to Galleries page and it will be the top entry. There's about 40 images, enjoy. www.PNLTC.org SteveB PNLTC (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

Hi Jacob, (...) Yes, absolutely! The middle axle moves sidewards while the engine goes through a curve! The axle element has 4 studs in it's middle section. But a 1x2 plate with centred stud on top to get a centred stud in the middle of the axle (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

Ben: [ (URL) ] (...) Jacob -- "It's not a question of whose habitat it is, it's a question of how fast you hit it." (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

(...) The engine has no power at all since there are two motors underneeth the first waggon.... For the engines wheelsets look here: (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

(...) I sure hope you put two motors underneath that locomotive, it's too pretty to be underpowered! -Harvey (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

STEVEBAR wrote in message ... (...) This is exactly what I do at shows too. I also put spare track inbetween the main track and passing truck to store additional engines and wagons. I'm running 6 wides so there is enough clearance so they don't get (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

(...) Mechanically, Poling (poleing?? I dunno the spelling) is a way to move a car that is not on the same track as the locomotive. A large stout pole (15 feet long or so??) is placed in the poling pocket of the switcher and diagonally to the car on (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G5s8B2.I2w@lugnet.com... (...) switchers (...) Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is "poleing"? Regards, ROSCO (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

(...) <snip> (...) I did a quick search of my NS rulebooks and I couldn't find anything against poleing. Although I'm sure since we don't carry poles, and like Larry said, most newer cars don't have the pockets, it really dosen't matter. I'm sure if (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

Greetings from a different desert, where I wish we had such a cool train! Not only in real life, but also your LEGO version! Well built, HoMa. You have capture details of the train very well. I like the sliding door application. But, perhaps the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

(...) Georgeous Model HoMa! As it seems you are really cought by the 8-wide bug. I promise to give 8-wide a chance within the next 12 month... I rally like the fine detailing of the engine and the windows of the passenger coaches are an eye catcher. (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Desert Express

(...) Oh, I'll tell you what I think-- Wunderbar!! What a great train to model and what a nice job you did of capturing it in LEGO! Those windows are nuts, and yet you rendered them perfectly with bricks! I also like your presentation-- nice photos (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

(...) Modern US prototype railroading does this fairly regularly when in double (or more) CTC controlled territory. You just have to complete the pass in some reasonable time (every block usually has crossovers to let you get back in your "lane") (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Desert Express

Hi folks, X-MAs is just waiting outside - a good time to see what'S going on in the desert: Over the last weeks I build a model of "Namibia's unique railway experience" - THE DESERT EXPRESS. A black and white picture was shown in my local newspaper (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: GFLTC at the Great American Train Show - Tampa, Florida

(...) Though the gray tables were not part of the main layout, we used it to run some "extra" tracks (2 peanut shaped, one freeflow) and a Christmas themed train, a "race" train (very fast) and some extra trains laying around. Also allowed kids to (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GFLTC at the Great American Train Show - Tampa, Florida

I was looking at pictures that Scott posted on Brickshelf from this weekends GATS and was wondering what the gray covered tables were used for? (URL) this part of your layout? jt (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact