 Trains / *7299 (-10)
  Re: Relative height of cars and cabooses

(...) This answer is for american practice, rather than european (where cabooses per se were not at all common, although brakevans *were* used)... note that early canadian writings may refer to a caboose as a brakevan. The answer is, of course: "it (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!

(...) The highest count of moving trains I know of was 32, and that includes 3 monorails, a Duplo train, and a 4.5v train. Unfortunately, the Duplo train kept stopping every 2 minutes. That's a great design for use at home, but makes them really (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!

(...) We actually used pure LEGO. There were multiple regulators, each connected to the track at multiple points. The tricky part is to make sure they are all set in the same direction and getting the right amount of juice. -- Tony Hafner Very new (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pinball Machine DAT

(...) I haven't heard anything yet from Robert Stack's people. (...) Thanks. And weenie gripes are fine. I don't even care what my wife thinks of the stuff I build. The first picture on the page is offered only as a representation of the model as a (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  PNLTC Breaks World Record for Longest LEGO train track

On Saturday, August 19, PNLTC broke the previous record for longest LEGO train track, about 1780 feet. The new world record stands at 3343 feet! It took 42 minutes to travel the distance. Thanks everyone for sending rolling stock and encouragement. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Relative height of cars and cabooses

(...) Thanks James, Way more detail than I was looking for but your response is greatly appreciated. I really was just wondering what everyone was doing height wise, and if I needed to make my caboose taller (to make it as tall as my engine). I plan (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: World Record LEGO Bridge

(...) Wayne, all I can say is AWESOME! I thought the schnabel car I built was large. (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: World Record LEGO Bridge

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message news:39A2C927.CE113F...res.com... (...) I've done a monorail bridge, but only of 5 lengths with no support inbetween. I braced it underneath by building down off of the 2x2 sockets with 2x2 round (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Relative height of cars and cabooses

(...) shorter? (...) Does someone have copies of the various plates? Chris, what I can say is that there are different "plates" (Loading gauges), the common one is Plate "C", and that -just about everywhere- in the US is a minimum of Plate "C" (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: World Record LEGO Bridge

(...) Ahhh - I missed the thin grey line of the monorail track - I see now that it's not part of the bridge, just very close to it. The question about ZNAP usage and utility in the bridge still stands, though :) Also, this brings up another (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact