 Trains / *3307 (-20)
  Re: Do you like monorails?

(...) Heh, here in Canada. Myself (28) and my wife (31) go buy lego all the time. We get asked the same questions. "Oh, is this for your ____?" Nope, I say it's for my Wife. GRIN. She has almost every Castle set ever. She has all the Adventurers (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Pics

Well that crossing is just SICK ;-) (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

(...) total number of wheels, then. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Pics

(...) LOL! I love the pink level crossing! Is the young lady in the lounger the crossing staff? Kevin (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Output (Train applications)

This sounds interesting, but trying to understand it in the middle of class has my head swimming ;-) Any chance of diagrams and pics? I ust picked up my first trains and RIS last week, so I want to hook them together and have some fun with my cats (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do you like monorails?

(...) is (...) I think I remember the price being something like $159.99 when I bought on at TRU in 1993. (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

The Mayfield Hts, Ohio store had them on sale for $99. I bought 4 of them :) There were still some (3) left, so if anyone in the area wants them, better get there soon. Troy Tom Stangl <toms@netscape.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Pics

Note: you can sort of make out the black metroliner and white metroliner coach in these pics: (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail

Thanks, Gary, for the interesting bits about the bridge in Florence. (Got to get my cities straight.) I also looked at Eric J's pictures, neato. I'm going to start a "journal" format web page for this project. The first two pictures are at (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do you like monorails?

Scott E. Sanburn wrote: <SNIP> LOL I think I would have said the same thing. I often buy lego and when they ask me if I want it wrapped in paper, I say no. Then they look strange at me, but don´t say anything (I´m 14, so I still can buy lego without (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

Ben Fleskes might have this honor in all catagories! if you look close you can see Ben's SP&S 700 (URL) at his web site under SP&S 700 (URL) new Daylight is also a master piece! (URL) I think that the engine should actually work (around curves "C" (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  WAMALUG Train Pics

We have some pictures of the layout we put together at our build-a-thon a few weeks ago. They haven't been uploaded to the site yet, but you can check them out at (URL) to Dan and Jen for the pics. -Chris Here's a description of the pics: (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Saint Louis Club

All right, We seem to have about 6 times as much initial interest in a Saint Louis Club for Lego fans than we had last year at this time. Hopefully, thats enough to get started! So, lets go with it! Everyone is invited to my house Saturday so we (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 4565 Review

Hi Michael, IMO it's a good set. Mine has two motors on the locomotive and it pulls 15 cars easily ... and it looks cool with working lights on both ends. Play well, - Nick - (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Looking for 4565 Review

Is there a review of Lego train set 4565 at lugnet? Or could anybody give me there opinion of this set.Is it worth it to buy it?? Thanks,Michael. (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

(...) Hmm, the two Zany Brainys here have several signs up advertising the speed controller for $19.95 when purchased at the same time as 4565. Of course a parent in a hurry might not notice that, but then I would never expect the register clerk (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Elephant ears (was Re: What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

(...) Yep, there are photos at: (URL) are pictures taken out here in Newfoundland...the track here is a bit wonky for running, but I should get a chance to do some repair work this spring, then more running of the engine. James Powell (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do you like monorails?

(...) Hmmm... I got the Futuron one from a neighbor, who didn't like LEGO'S that much. I got it for 80.00? I loved it. I played with that for hours, having it connect my Space Base with my city. for the 6399 Airport Shuttle, I saved for moths to get (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

Define largest. Total weight? Weight on drivers? Length? (with or without the tender?) Number of wheels? Number of driven wheels? Tractive force produced? Depending on your metric you get different answers. I know that to be true, but I don't know (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Elephant ears (was Re: What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

(...) But that's part of the FUN of live steam, no? (...) Yes, I think you're right about that! Turbulent flow would be much more likely to disperse the smoke by the time it got back to the cab than laminar flow would. I wonder if streamlined (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact