 Trains / *32615 (-100)
  Re: Custom Minifig Torso DAT files.

(...) My understanding is that you need to save often, with changing filenames. It apparently sometimes crashes during save after it has already clobbered the file. --Travis (16 years ago, 7-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Custom Minifig Torso DAT files.

(...) Neat! (...) For further work on custom torsos, I recommend grabbing the program called Quad 2 Dat. This is a fairly easy 2D program, made specifically for people creating LDraw patterned parts. The main problem with Quad2Dat is that it's (...) (16 years ago, 6-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Custom Minifig Torso DAT files.

I have been working at creating some custom Minifig Torso DAT files for LDraw. I should preface everything by saying that I am NOT an LDraw Parts author. All of these were created by essentially taking a plain torso file and applying these like a (...) (16 years ago, 6-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX) !

  Re: New Elements on Factory?

Does anyone know how often new Factory parts trickle down to Digital Designer. Do we have to wait for a new version of LDD or can it be updated? (16 years ago, 6-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Elements on Factory?

(...) For the record, the decimal place is off and this is an error that will be corrected on Monday. I noticed the level building plate listed at $30.00 and thought there was an error. I am still concerned about the size of the price increase. This (...) (16 years ago, 5-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: San Diego Coaster train

(...) Thanks Peter, seeing images of James' design really went a long way. He didn't have instructions when I built mine, and I never did look at the Ldraw files, but reverse engineering was half the fun. He got to see it in Portland last year, and (...) (16 years ago, 5-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: San Diego Coaster train

(...) My hero ;-) But there are 5 carriages, not 3! I ride this every day to work, and I've been wondering how on earth to turn it into a MoC (which I'm terrible at in any case). I just wonder if you modeled the interiors differently - there are (...) (16 years ago, 5-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  San Diego Coaster train

The San Diego Coaster. (URL) After moderation (URL) The engine is a F40PH-2C, and the cars are Bi-level coaches by Bombardier. It's been modeled before, but I wanted to use a more accurate color (dark turquoise ) and build longer cars. The train was (...) (16 years ago, 4-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: New Elements on Factory?

(...) I suspect that on these plates and the 16x32 baseplate, someone must have slipped a decimal point. If they seriously are charging $20 for a train base...they're nuts. -Dave (16 years ago, 4-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Elements on Factory?

(...) I'm including images of the buffers: (2 URLs) Well these parts are horrible, I model mostly US trains. And I'm not interested in having my coupler combined with a buffer. I mosly use this part (URL) or this (URL) and toss the regular buffers (...) (16 years ago, 4-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Elements on Factory?

----- Original Message ---- From: Jeramy Spurgeon <beatnik303@hotmail.com> To: lugnet.trains@lugnet.com Sent: Friday, April 4, 2008 2:59:04 PM Subject: Re: New Elements on Factory? (...) --snip-- (...) Anybody else notice that the train baseplates (...) (16 years ago, 4-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Elements on Factory?

(...) --snip-- (...) Anybody else notice that the train baseplates jumped up to $20.00 and $25.00!!!???? -Jeramy (16 years ago, 4-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train coupler designs was Re: New Elements on Factory?

(...) I used a similar technique in the past, though I can't find a hyperlink to the solution (which was not mine, I think Chris Masi's). It worked rather well, though the main problem that I encountered was the frictionless pins slipping out of the (...) (16 years ago, 4-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Train coupler designs was Re: New Elements on Factory?

(...) Well... here's a technic coupler which has the same range of movement, almost the same dimensions and is rotationally symmetric. (URL) I've cross-posted this to .technic in case the good people there can come up with something smaller and/or (...) (16 years ago, 3-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Elements on Factory?

(...) Or indeed the LEGO problem, back in the good old days of 4.5V trains. (At least LEGO had the magnets in colour coded mounts, though). Cheers Richie Dulin (16 years ago, 3-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Elements on Factory?

(...) This is my guess. The magnet looks like it might spin and pivot so it might still work. My guess is that it will have to work otherwise they would have to have 2 different buffers, one front and one Back. -Eric (16 years ago, 3-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Elements on Factory?

(...) <>> (...) Could it be for this reason? (URL) link> (warning Stajinaria link, may contain swearing, rudeness and other behaviour unallowed on LUGNET). Tim (16 years ago, 3-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Elements on Factory?

It looks like all, or most of the expanded palette including the space palette is online. Lots of new parts up there. Grey minifigs, police and viking torsos, crossbows, suitcases, skulls, armor, skeletons, cupboards, new heads, new colors of chairs (...) (16 years ago, 3-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Elements on Factory?

(...) I see what you mean about the buffers, although I assume you mean the magnet that is hard mounted. The ability to pivot to allow the correct polarity to face outwards if vital really, otherwise you end up with the Brio problem of having to (...) (16 years ago, 3-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Elements on Factory?

(...) I see what you mean about the buffers, although I assume you mean the magnet that is hard mounted. The ability to pivot to allow the correct polarity to face outwards if vital really, otherwise you end up with the Brio problem of having to (...) (16 years ago, 3-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New Elements on Factory?

I'm usually not on Factory/Pick-a-Brick, but have been this week. In just the past couple of days, it looks like they've made some changes to the train elements: Added Train Buffer 2 (Design ID: 64422, Category: Transportation Means, Trains) Prepack (...) (16 years ago, 3-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Trains on Flickr

Hi all, I don't know how many of you use Flickr for train MOC pictures but I'm just reminding/alerting you to the LEGO Trains group over there ((URL) so that you can join and add photos if you are a user. I think there's a few users there who don't (...) (16 years ago, 3-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Enfield ModelShop Train Models

(...) That would have been a heck of a book. Benn (16 years ago, 2-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Enfield ModelShop Train Models

(...) (URL) was featured in a graphic on the LEGO trains website for a while, in the section where it featured ideas on building your own trackside structures. This website seems to have been superseded by the LEGO Hobby Trains website. By the way, (...) (16 years ago, 31-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  RAILBRICKS Instructions submissions now open

(URL) RAILBRICKS is now accepting instructions submissions for inclusion on the (URL) RAILBRICKS website>. We hope to eventually provide the largest repository of train related LEGO build instructions available for free on the web. Each submission (...) (16 years ago, 31-Mar-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.inst, FTX) !

  Brickworld 2008 - Trains - All Aboard!

We've gathered a lot of steam for this year's train presence at Brickworld! The following clubs will be represented this year with many other individual layouts as well TCLTC - Twin Cities LEGO Train Club MichianaLTC - Michiana LEGO Train Club (...) (16 years ago, 31-Mar-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: RSS Feed of lugnet.trains

(...) Thanks Mike. I'd love to use your PHP snippet, in case the solution I am currently using doesn't work. I stumbled upon this website:(URL) that allows you to generate a feed from any dynamic page. It seems to be working fine, though the 'free' (...) (16 years ago, 31-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Enfield ModelShop Train Models

"Tim David" <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JyHr8H.J7M@lugnet.com... (...) Jake McKee could give you the complete story on them but here is what I know. These models were built for a never produced LEGO Train Catalog. At some point they (...) (17 years ago, 30-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:JyCtqy.459@lugnet.com... (...) 4 - 5 years ago when Steve B., Huw M., HoMA, and I were asked to comment on the forthing coming RC train we had a conversation with the LEGO technical people (...) (17 years ago, 30-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RSS Feed of lugnet.trains

"Ross Crawford" <ross.{mylastname}@gmail.com> wrote in message news:JxqrzF.13E@lugnet.com... (...) I apologize for the delayed response on this subject, I have been on vacation for the last couple of weeks and ended waaaaaaay behind on e-mail and (...) (17 years ago, 30-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) Dear LEGO: Please don't screw up this new train system like you screwed up the color change. We need something that can run multiple trains (GMLTC has 7 operating loops on our layout.), something that can pull long / heavy trains, something (...) (17 years ago, 29-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Enfield ModelShop Train Models

I'm sure many of you will have seen these pics in the ILTCO gallery, but they were new to me. I found them through a post on Bricklink, does anyone know the story behind them? (3 URLs) Tim (17 years ago, 29-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  RichLug Display at VA Aviation Museum 2008

Great to see some activity on the Trains newsgroup today! We will post new photos of Tim's Virginia State Capitol, designed by Thomas Jefferson, and soon (hopefully) to be displayed at our State Capitol. This year we have a much smaller display at (...) (17 years ago, 29-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) I'm intrigued by this. I did a similar experiment using a 8.4v NiCad Battery and a monorail train. Whenever the train was stopped at the station, some metal brushes would contact between the the battery and track side connections. Thus (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) Seems to me that train style PF RX/TX pair will be a perfect technology to reintroduce the monorail system with! Even if LEGO doesn't do this. I see it adding new value to my monorail system. MOnorail was always a bit limited by the lack of (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) I just want to say that there are some REALLY innovative ideas being thrown around here. All this talk of automated recharging on sidings and automated points is just making me giddy. Keep the ideas coming!!! -Dave (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) Sure - but then it's not automated. You have to get the first train onto the siding, or (if it was running around the track through the siding in the first place) you have to throw the switch so any other train bypasses the siding on the main (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) Please do that, it seems like a VERY interesting idea! When I read it it was one of those "but of course, I should have thought of that myself!"-moments :) It should, though, be possible to have the possibility to manually control the train's (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) Well, I may be missing something, but why not? PF connectors will stack, so you could connect a bunch of PF battery boxes in parallel, and stack a bunch of PF motors off each output (again, in parallel). While this should be possible, I'm not (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: QR Class 2800 redux

(...) I'm in two minds about the new version. Its better, but because its better the proportions should be more , errr, proportionate. The first version was on the (highly detailed) borderline of in the style of an official Lego train and so the (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) From a train point of view, not an issue, simply have a loop (in the UK railway sense of the term. i.e. a double ended siding) and have another train bypass the charging train. tim (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) That sounds interesting, although thinking about it from the standpoint of robotics & robotic trains even more ideas are presenting themselves to me. I'm not sure how this would work with trains... if a discharging train hits a power section (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) You need to get some proper locos, with two cabs and some nice smooth bodywork between ;-) Tim (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

--snip-- (...) --snip-- I would hope the box would be black too but I suspect the first PFS trainset will determine its colour (or colours if we're really lucky). Remember, though, that a lot can be concealed in the cab of a train leaving no more (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) Excellent idea, even if it means extending the battery by another two+ studs lengthwise. Another permutation to consider would be instead of recessing a half plate on each side, to make it a full plate thinner on both sides so that any surface (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) Here are my 2c on the entire thread thus far, I'm still concerned that the 4 wide battery is too wide to conceal in the hood of a 6 wide mode of a typical American road switcher (i.e., just about every American locomotive built since 1968). I (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) past, would it be possible to have a 4 stud wide footprint on the bottom and the have the rest of the side recessed similar to the headlight brick configuration.This will give the ability to build 6 wide hood units by providing a 4 x 8 plate (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

Broken Record... I'm reading this great thread and can't help but think that if everyone reads the article for a level set, then we can talk about the next level of details. I am NOT trying to brag but I have been over to Denmark 2 times (with some (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

For trains the Pf system does NOT require constant communication between the IR receiver and remote. And really how often do you control your trains at a train show. Currently most of us have only one train on a loop at a time at train shows, so you (...) (17 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: QR Class 2800 redux

(...) Less than three, Tim! Spotlighted! Thanks for sharing. Cheers Richie Dulin (17 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) read and understood. i'll refrain from complaining as over all i'm pretty excited about converting over to rc track and trains. i only wish i knew whether i should keep modifing rc track or wait. ondrew (...) (17 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

Metal rails and metal wheels is a good solution. :) Those burned out motors turn out to be a great way to pickup power from rails (when properly modified) that can be rerouted to the battery box charging port. BTW there is some talk about the Pf (...) (17 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) The problem with Bluetooth, WiFi, Wireless USB and any other kind of radio frequency transmission would be the horsepower requirements required to decode it (i.e. microprocessor or custom ASIC both of which require extra circuitry to make them (...) (17 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  QR Class 2800 redux

(2 URLs) flickr> (URL) BS> Hi all, Two and a half years ago I (URL) posted> a (URL) QR Class 2800> locomotive. Today I've revisited it. I think the new version might be a tad better. Comments and criticisms welcome, Tim (17 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

I agree that the lack of traction is still one of the biggest hindrances to the new system. My latest trains (to be revealed at BrickWorld) have eight of the new RC-type wheels that are all powered, yet they barely get any traction! Has anyone tried (...) (17 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) I was thinking of switching to radio control. From what I've read regarding IR systems, it should be straight forward to to modify LEGO IR transmitters and receivers to work with small radio modules. Converting them to transmit the unmodulated (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) Even if it's a different firmware version of the IR link that does not have a timeout feature - that would be an intersting stop-gap. Ralph (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) The nice thing is that the IRLink is a module by itself and there is nothing preventing LEGO from making a module that accepts radio signals in the future. Probably, I'd end up suggesting Bluetooth or Zigbee over Wifi, or even a proprietary (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) I agree that IR is not ideal for all the reasons previously listed. I hope WiFi is a consideration for a later release. Line of site controlers just are not practical for large layouts but I would guess we will find a way to manage. The (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) This was precisely what I was discussing with Abner at a recent show. What happens with the IR trains at a show like Brickworld? I have to admit that it will be pretty funny to mess another layout's trains...for the first 5 minutes. Once the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) Several people, myself included, have tried Lithium camera batteries in the RC trains. They run for 4-6 hours, and can be recharged in 15 minutes. I would hope that the Lego battery box would be similar. That, coupled with fixing the traction (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) Here are some rough calculations to estimate the longevity of the announced battery. Li-poly technology offers 300Wh per litre[1]. The battery box will be 4x8x5 lu (4 bricks high=5 studs) = 32*64*40mm3 Assuming 2mm thick walls, that leaves (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) It's been talked about before. The old 12v components might work here. From the 1970s era 12v, there is a brick with metal stud contacts that could be used for the pickup from the 12v power rails. Frank (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) I wonder what this will mean for those who have made their own 'RC' kits? (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

--snip-- (...) I believe that's vaguely how the trains at Legoland Berlin run. Tim (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:JyBFrz.E48@lugnet.com... (...) You (or I, or someone) could always make some track charging station with a little engine-uity [that could]... We could connect linear contacts of (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) Thats funny, I read it as 4 bricks. I didn't even notice the 4 studs until you pointed it out. I have to say I am intrigued. The battery box seems to be a decent compromise. I would have prefered it either a couple of studs narrower or a (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

read the RailBricks article in issue II, www.railbricks.com. It explains everything that "can" be explained. It's a very good article and riviting too... ;) SteveB um, cause i worte it! 8P :) (...) (17 years ago, 25-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

BTW the batt box is 4 bricks high, not studs. SteveB (...) (17 years ago, 25-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO 9V Train Communication III

(posted on EuroBricks website) LEGO 9V Train Communication III Dear all, As promised in the second communication from the 6th of December last year, we will give you the latest information and decisions regarding the development of the new train (...) (17 years ago, 25-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) so does this mean we have a PF train motor comming or is the IR-RC train motor being reused? ondrew (17 years ago, 25-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  New Press Release about Power Function Trains

Thanks to a member of the Trains and Town website we have received a new press release regarding Power Function Trains. This release is new to me and I wanted to make sure it was shared. If this is old information please forgive me. The article is (...) (17 years ago, 25-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Narrow Gauge 0-4-0

(...) SNIP This is really reminiscent of the look of old pre-minifig/early-minifig Lego trains; it's really cool that you've captured that look at a small 4ish-wide minifig scale. The Lego-primary colors & classic brick forms, combined with the (...) (17 years ago, 22-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Narrow Gauge 0-4-0

This year's Brickvention Build-In-Bag challenge was: [LEGOSet 4837] I was quite taken by the set, and the possibilities of rebuilding it to minifig scale, but preserving the gauge and, more or less, the width. Eventually, the wheel arrangement, the (...) (17 years ago, 22-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Queensland Rail 2400 class diesel engine

The first model I have designed in LDD that I am actually happy with. (URL) have included the LDR file for it. (17 years ago, 22-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Call For BrickFair Volunteers

Hello fellow AFOL's, As you may know, BrickFair is the big event of the year, here in the D.C. area. Though BrickFair is not affiliated with 'BrickFest(TM),' BrickFair is the natural successor of the previous event. Many of the people that have been (...) (17 years ago, 20-Mar-08, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  GBLT&C Logo

To all, The Great Basin Lego Train Club (GBLT&C) located in and around Salt Lake City, Utah is pleased to unveil our new LOGO ... (URL) We based the LOGO on the 1970-1997 Rio Grande LOGO ... (URL) GBLT&C has been functioning in one capacity or (...) (17 years ago, 17-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX) !

  Re: RSS Feed of lugnet.trains

(...) ILtco.org has a "What's new in lugnet.trains?" box that used to work, but doesn't appear to be working now. Not sure how they were grabbing it, but may be worth asking. ROSCO (17 years ago, 14-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  RSS Feed of lugnet.trains

Hi all, Aside from coding a feed myself, has anyone come up with an RSS feed of only lugnet.trains? I know that Dan Boger has created a nice feed of all of the posts on Lugnet, but I would like a train specific one, so I can aggregate the posts to (...) (17 years ago, 14-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New (to you) trains

(...) I'm sure we've all done it. It's a great idea regardless of its origins. (...) Hi Benn, Might I suggest investing in an A2 or larger piece of white card. It's easier to move than a sheet and gives a cleaner background. Please do let me know (...) (17 years ago, 14-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New (to you) trains

(...) ... (...) ... (...) Thanks for the kind words Tim. I must say "Doh!" for not giving credit on the fences. I would agree that it was a clever idea, but not mine. I borrowed it from a picture of Dan Siskind's work. It will be a couple of weeks (...) (17 years ago, 14-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New (to you) trains

(...) Hi Benn, Superb work as usual. The use of those fences for the horse cars is extremely clever. Now for a request... would it be possible for you to upload a nice clear photo of any of these MOCs with a clean background? I'd love to blog some (...) (17 years ago, 14-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New (to you) trains

Well it had been a slow couple of weeks for new train MoCs, but I see that trend has already changed in the last few days. And now here I am to add my 2c to the pile. I'm slowly clearing through my backlog of creations and getting them up to (...) (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

(...) Okay, so I was just scrolling down through the images and thinking to myself, "hum, nice interpretation of an nw/sw switcher" until I saw what you have under the hood. Wow! It is hard enough getting the right detail on the outside of a 4-8 (...) (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Finally a video of my steamers in action

(...) While great to see them in motion, indeed, it is particularly neat to see the double header. Very nice. Benn (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Ballasting Corners?

Dave, I'd be curious to see what you come up with after you gather your input. Your technique may lend itself to being used to build some rural gravel roads for a "back woods" diorama I may end up building. Hope you post some pics of your final (...) (17 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDD - MOC Steam Engine inspired by Streamlined Hudson

(...) I'm not sure who 'Junkpile' is yet on Brickshelf, but I was flattered to see the LLD New York Central "Empire Express" Engine I designed above put into the ABS. To their credit, they also designed a very nice tender to go along with it, and (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: using BBB med wheels

(...) As well as the few standard gauge ones there were quite a lot of narrow gauge 0-10-0s, often with fancy articulation. Any care to try (URL) articulation? That would get round the 'blind or flanged?' problem! ;-) Tim (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  TexLUG at 3rd Annual HBCE

(2 URLs) Flickr Gallery> For a third year, TexLUG was invited to display at the Healthy Baby and Child Expo in San Antonio on March 8th and 9th, 2008. While only two TexLUG members were able to attend, the layout was nevertheless a success. The (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

(...) Thanks And the contrast certainly helps. (...) For the decals I started out by creating the art work in MS paint. Paint is simple to use and I don't have access to any of the high end graphics programs. Then used MS word to create a decal (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

(...) Thanks Diesels are typically pretty plain so getting details to stand out on them can be a challenge. And I love learning about the history of what I model. And the Ma & Pa (witch being from York PA. is my home town RR) has a great story to (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Finally a video of my steamers in action

(...) Very Nice. Steam Engines always look best when in motion. The double heading of TSR 300 and 500 was great. Some day I'm going to build a mate for my Decapod for a nice double headed drag freight. Cale (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: using BBB med wheels

(...) Yes The drivers on my (URL) 0-6-0> are regular stud increments. (...) I had some spare wheels lying around so I did some experimenting. Anthony's suggestion is pretty much what I (URL) came> up with as well. (3 URLs) The rods I came up with (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: using BBB med wheels

(...) Or even connect them to 2 & 4, possibly eliminating the need for any gearing. ROSCO (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: using BBB med wheels

(...) I have, a ten wheeler, but it uses a very similar setup to Cale's and uses standard stud increments, so I doubt it'll be of much help to you. (URL) could always connect the first, third, and fifth wheels together using a rod (all blind, I (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  using BBB med wheels

Hi All, I'm just starting an 0-10-0 steamer using BBB med size wheels. I was wondering if anyone has some examples of BBB med wheels in use. I noticed Cale had an 0-6-0 steam switcher, Cale are those regular stud increments? Looks like yes. I first (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 7996 and 9V

(...) splitting the controls for the doubble crossover can be done in a couple of ways. as soon as i get my hands on a set i will write up some instructions for everyone. as for selenoids there really is no need. automating 9v/rc switches is fairly (...) (17 years ago, 9-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

Nice work Cale. The extra detail of the engine really sets it off, probably because of the contrast between black and grey. It has more than likely been answered here many times before but how did you make the decals? (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Finally a video of my steamers in action

Nice work Tony You have some fantastic train models and it's even better to see them in action, thanks so much for sharing. Peter (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

(...) Cale, I love it. Lots of delicious detail. I really like the grill work on the front of the hood. Thanks for the associated history of the switcher. It helps bring this MOC into life. -Jeramy (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact