 Trains / *29455 (-20)
  Anime inspired container train for Soren Roberts containers

Hi all, Recently Soren Roberts came up with this (URL) excellent truck> with a really nifty container format. I dug it a lot and reverse engineered it with some help from Soren for the purpose of making a train to go with it. Anyway, to cut to the (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) For what its worth this is one thing I have asked specifically about and have yet to get an answer. If there were a really good rechargable battery would that make a differance. My feeling is that it depends on the following. 1. Pulling power (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Being Discontinued?

(...) Particular products may be "no longer available", but the *system* is still available. Just because the friendly N-scalers at the next layout are running a locomotive that was last sold in 1985 doesn't change the fact that there are hundreds (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Todd- IR is cheaper and easier than R/C. R/C requires regulatory approval in many places (like the US) and frequencies must vary with country. IR can be the same everywhere and requires no approvals. Of course IR has the disadvantage of being (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

"Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message news:Iwus58.yn2@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Bluetooth would have been the right answer! Mike (19 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) I asked other members of RichLUG to respond last evening so we could reach consensus. So far Rich and Dustin have responded: Rich - I don't believe that our club would disband over this. If it was a decision by consensus to use the new train (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Just a thought question from this: What do folks think about the fact that almost every other model railroad displayed at a train show displays obsolete, no longer available products? How about the American Flyer folks, or the vintage Lionel (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC Thomas the Tank Engine Weekend at LLCA Photos

First photos of SCLTC's Thomas the Tank Engine display at LEGOLAND California on March 25/26 are now up (URL). (6 URLs) The weekend was an enormous success for the park which enjoyed two of its four highest attendance days ever! -Ted SCLTC (19 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) This is a good point which bears repeating in my mind. If TLG thinks that we as LEGO train AFOLs think this will somehow be a BETTER system, then they are (again) sorely mistaken. As Mark said, however, TLG is a toy company, so the point may (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) 1. I would not show LEGO trains in public ever again. This is because my trains are bigger than 8-wide, and I would be ashamed to mislead the public by displaying an obsolete product. I'm not prepared to change my sales pitch from an (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) ROSCO (19 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) The battery box is the same as they've been using for years (albeit a new colour) (URL) Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk) irc: irc://irc.blitzed.org/ web: (URL) +44 (0)780 8369596 (19 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Speaking as part of Michiana-LTC, we would continue to do shows until our equipment gave out. We do about 3 or 4 shows per year. (...) Michiana-LTC will likely not widely adopt the new trains other than giving them a small loop of their own. (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) I would assume this would cause problems over the long term. Since I own 20+ 9V motors myself, and represent the major train interest in Victoria, BC. I have done shows in the past around here, as well as aiding PNLTC, NALUG, NovaLUG, and VLC. (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) (Speaking for the Twin Cities LEGO Train Club) No. We would continue to do our 2-4 shows a year until all of our 9 volt motors die. (...) Given the design restrictions that appear to be a part of the new system, I can say that, in all (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote: [...] (...) Hello Eric, As a member of FreeLUG (ILTCO affiliated) and a 9V train fan here are some answers to your questions. 1 In 2005 we had about 4 public appearances with train layouts. Personnally I manage (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Oh, and I was misled. I thought the trains were radio controlled. Apprently, they are Infra-RED controlled. I mistakenly put radio in my post. I revise my statement in the EE Degree. I will now need a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Eric, The poll is a great idea. I have posted below answers to your three items. I have also added a few survey items that I humbly submit for you to include. 1. Would your club disband or significantly cut back on public appearances? (List (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) I am a Castle Builder who as only recently begun collecting trains, and even more recently, building MOC trains, and both specifically for the purpose of bringing them to TexLUG displays. Yes, they're for my enjoyment, too, but as a Castle (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) SCLTC (Southern California LEGO Train Club does about 6 display events covering 100 show days that attract about 150,000 visitors per year. The trend is upward. (...) We probably could not avoid having some members bring IR trains to our (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact