 Trains / *26050 (-10)
  NELUG at Greenberg Train and Toy show December 18 and 19

The gallery on the NELUG web site has been updated with pictures from our appearance at the December Greenberg Train and Toy show in Wilmington MA. We had a couple new Skyscrapers in this layout in our growning Downtown area. We seem to be growing (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general) !

  Lego Performance Art - Stealing the "T" at NELUG Greenburg show

Hello everyone! As many people know, I have a model of Tech Tower from Georgia Tech. One of the cool traditions about Tech Tower is the act of Stealing the "T" from the group of letters on the top of the tower. Many attempts have been made over the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.publish, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) Ooh, 7 wide would be cool! later, James Mathis (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) This was a troubling issue during my development of the Hi-Level cars. The grey colour change and the disappearance of the Club Car gave me months of pause. I stopped working on the design. I finally decided to pick it back up and finish it (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) I tried; but, I never found a way to get a build-up equivalent to have place the lower level floor to be at the same height as the split-level train baseplate. Uhm, may I humbly and cautiously suggest... using black split-level train (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) Wow! That's a really good way to approach getting the parts you need. The part acquisition has always troubled me. I want people to have as easy a time building the model as possible, and making an MPD file available to assist this process (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) SNIPPY Hi Paul, I've been having some very good results using slack action coupling using technic 1 x x plates which are used in car axles. By using multiples of them, you can join the cars so close together that they actually touch- on (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"lester witter" <witter@erim-int.com> wrote in message news:I96J2u.ou7@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) maybe (...) and (...) Actually a Club Car would be old grey. The production run ended before the color change and they are not producing (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) SNIP (...) Is there any way to build an equilalent to the split base using plates and maybe technic (lift arms?). This is a difficult part. You have to buy a club car and it might not be old gray Lester (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) SNIP (...) SNIP (...) James, These look great. I'd love to be able to build the whole consist. I was curious if you were planning to release the MPD files? I find these come in handy for trying to figure out what parts I don't have via Peeron. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact