 Trains / *26045 (-10)
  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) Wow! That's a really good way to approach getting the parts you need. The part acquisition has always troubled me. I want people to have as easy a time building the model as possible, and making an MPD file available to assist this process (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) SNIPPY Hi Paul, I've been having some very good results using slack action coupling using technic 1 x x plates which are used in car axles. By using multiples of them, you can join the cars so close together that they actually touch- on (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"lester witter" <witter@erim-int.com> wrote in message news:I96J2u.ou7@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) maybe (...) and (...) Actually a Club Car would be old grey. The production run ended before the color change and they are not producing (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) SNIP (...) Is there any way to build an equilalent to the split base using plates and maybe technic (lift arms?). This is a difficult part. You have to buy a club car and it might not be old gray Lester (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) SNIP (...) SNIP (...) James, These look great. I'd love to be able to build the whole consist. I was curious if you were planning to release the MPD files? I find these come in handy for trying to figure out what parts I don't have via Peeron. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) No problem and thanks for the fast response! If only all site maintainers would act as graciously ;) (...) As soon as I've moved I'll have to try building some of these... although they might get a bit of 7 or 8 wide modding :D (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone made an American 4-4-0 with BBB wheels?

(...) Yep, and surprisingly if you google "American 4-4-0 LEGO" you get a bunch of hits. One is mine :) (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) I'll spit it up as just a bunch of PNG images over on BrickShelf in several car-specific folders. Sorry about this PPT IE Explorer issue. I thought it might offer some nicer navigation tools without me punching out some hand-written html. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) (URL) You Can Build it! Hi-Level El Capitan> web-page generated by PowerPoint (...) It seems that the software you used makes HTML that only renders correct in Internet Explorer :( Both Mozilla and Konquerer (similair to Apple MacOSX Safari) (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

Happy Holidays to everyone! For several months I've been working on a new train construction book based on the Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level set from 1956. Please check out (URL) Brian Clough's Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level page> and his (URL) of the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact