 Trains / *13309 (-20)
  Has anyone received the new caboose as of yet?

The reason I am asking is because I'd like to know if the window 'glass' is clear or not? Also, the Brickfest train pictures were awesome, thanks to Troy! -Harvey (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickfest Train Pictures Posted

(...) Thanks alot for these great pictures! I wish I've had the chance to visit the brickfest. Leg Godt! Ben (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  WHOO WHOO!!!

Got my first shipment of trains in today...The freight wagon came in... Eariler then expected.. Wayne (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickfest Train Pictures Posted

(...) I would like to say congrats to all the builders that had items on display, they look great! Thanks Troy for taking the time to take pictures of all the rooms & posting tham for us all to enjoy. Jonathan (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Brickfest Train Pictures Posted

I've finally gotten around to uploading the pics from the Train room at Brickfest. They can be found here: (URL) believe that should do it for all of my pictures. The main directory can be found here: (URL) you have any questions or comments, let me (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) Hamfests (events where ham or amateur radio enthusiasts gather, not places to find the latest scoop on cured pork) often have a "tailgating" area which is basically the same thing, though semi-formalized (it's usually free or just a few (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: UK prices for new train wagons

"Jon D Hayward" <JonDHayward@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:GGnwG8.3uC@lugnet.com... (...) I see they are all available now too. Though some are for shipment in August regards lawrence (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

all true.. we have a few regular car boot sales here in Cardiff wales as people do all over the UK, depending on the weather, usually 100 - 300 cars full of old junk (some people will buy anything...really) and some fantastic gems. The beauty is if (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: So where was everyone?

I has used that IR sensor to instead LEGO light sensor in RCX Controlled Trains, I have to say it is better than light sensor, and you don't need extra external light source. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) Fellow 'Muricans (and Britons): Here's a useful idiom-digger for US/UK idioms. Who knows, it may help save a life (or avoid a head scratching): (URL) But in short, "binning" = pitching/tossing/---...g/throwing out; "car boot sale" has no (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) James, My English ain't so good. Please translate: "car boot sale" and "binning" Thanks Bob (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

<snip> I think the LTC's & LUG's should go to multipe places each year, like a big place such as LegoLand. But the only stipulation would be that you need more advertisement, & more then one layout, thatly prove what you can actully do, it'll draw (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Wow, that strikes me as as a little strange. Seeing the set re-released shouldn't damage your nostalgia for the set. All those happy memories are still there! I bought a metroliner off the shelf in 1995. It was getting rare at the time - it (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Fest out West (was Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest)

tom wrote: <snip> (...) Nope. It will be the biggest exposition of LEGO trains the world has ever seen! People from around the world will be attending. Brad will be there to unveil some cool surprise (...maybe, but certainly there will be TLC (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Congratulations, Larry

(...) WOW! Knowing you two, I know it must have been darn-near *impossible* for you to keep your mouths shut about being "interviewed"! You BOTH managed to keep it secret?? I'm shocked!! JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Congratulations, Larry

(...) I may be misremembering(1) but I seem to recall that after he got done thanking me for my eloquent, reasoned and well thought out answers, he asked if he could talk to a "foamer" so I gave him your name. ++Lar <GD&R> (2) 1 - OK I *am* (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Wow! If the piece wasn't malformed/misshapen, I'd pay big money to buy that head! Obviously not the response you were hoping for. :^) I can't judge from the photos how bad the printing on the torsos of the figures is. I've been hoping that the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Congratulations, Larry

(...) Just for reference: Lar wasn't the only one interviewed-- I, too, provided info for Greg, but apparently wasn't as quotable as Lar;-) -John (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

The gray rails are found in 1351 movie backdrop and 6096 Bull's attack. The hardest parts to find new are the sliding doors. Anyone who is willing to sell/trade, contact me. The RPO will be extremely limited, because of the doors. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Well, I don't know about a "majority" opinion, but I am a Lugnet member and I think the quality control issue is a VERY big issue. I am not so hopped up about the issue of how the elements are actually molded, my bigger issue remains the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact