 Trains / *13259 (-20)
  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) No - he's not chaning his argument, he's just adding new ones as new info comes available. I was about to post about the latest bad quality on .lego.direct but Ben has beaten me by a few hours and mentioned it on this thread about Legends. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Oh Really...magpie-ism....mmm...what do you call the fact that people have bought several multiple copies of the set? Sure some of the purchasers will part out the set to build other things...or in the case of train, will use the parts to (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Oh THAT! That's the new minifig 'Internet emoticon' editon head. Look for more to come, including: ; ) : P : D (...) And more! (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) The collector mentality is nothing but Magpie-ism and pandering to it with 'rare' 'limited series' 'numbered editions' and other marketing goop is just plain icky. A set that isn't torn down and built into something else is a misfit toy. The (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A question about the new Metroliner Classic re-issue...

Just a note on this... when we asked about the prices, i belive the official responce was "about the same" dan, for informational purposes has put in prices from the old ones with a question mark. don't count your pennies just yet :) (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

Ben, Are changing your argument against re-releases from an issue of collectability to an issue of quality control??? Yes, we have seen problems with production runs of train bases, some alleged printing smudgy-ness on 10000 flags, Indian horses in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote in message ... (...) was LOL! I *want* that minifig head! Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  A question about the new Metroliner Classic re-issue...

Why does the new Classic re-issue of the Metroliner have 772 pieces while the original set had 768 pieces? Is this due to changes in the building process or the inability to produce certain older pieces? Hmmmm... And, I find it AMAZING that the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide Locomotives webpages uploaded

(...) portions of the page to even realize you had text there. Thanks, James (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  8-wide Locomotives webpages uploaded

I've made & uploaded webpages for my GP30, SD40-2, & SD45. The freight cars & containers links DO NOT work yet, but should be up buy midnight EST today (July 17 2001). Some things have to be editied, but i have to eat, so that will come later (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) LEGO® has done plenty to undermine its good name on its own, thankyouverymuch, and the presence of a viable competitor can only serve to remind LEGO® that market solvency is by no means assured. I don't mind or refute that LUGNET-at-large is a (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

(...) Love the RPO and sleeper car (which looks a lot like 7815 from what I can see... coincidence?) I think about $75 would be a fair price, IF you added some nice instructions. Still don't understand LEGO doesn't do anything like this... they did (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) if (...) Lego (...) Sorry for answering on my own posting, but I just have got an interesting picture, which I have uploaded at brickshelf right now: (URL) is another typical example for the new Lego quality standard, which I was refering to. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who made this?

(...) I ment to put he, but i realized that i had put she after i clicked the post button, i need someone to proof read for me. Josh (just spelt clicked: clciked...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

Here's how I see it. 1. Brickfest has become a great event, put on by the WAMALUG. If I were them, I would have no desire to take their show on the road. It is a regional event open to anyone who wishes to come. 2. Those in the West should form (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Chessie arrives in RichLUG

A new Chessie Diesel Engine 801, from the BricWorz foundry has arrived in the RichLUG display: (URL) was displayed at BrickFest on Saturday, sans motor and decals. Bert Waters (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

(...) This is great news. I own a original Metroliner since 1992, and I would buy custom additional cars for $70-$75. Greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Who made this?

Actually it won second place in the train contest at Brickfest as well. I agree it's a very nice engine, it was great to see it in person (makes it easier to copy when I can look at all the details :) jt (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who made this?

(...) Ahem, Robin is a guy... -John (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GATS Church

(...) doesn't LEGOLAND have a scale in here? Or is it 14-wide? Josh (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact