 Trains / *13219 (-20)
  Re: Another Legend dies....

I thought Lego was a company that makes toys, to be played with. Trading cards are made to be collected, not to be used as drink coasters. If a Lego set is in demand, then Lego will make more of that set because to them it indicates that the sets (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

Sounds like a good idea. It is hard to tell what the demand will be without seeing them or knowing the price. When do you plan to share them with us? Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

I'd probably be interested in all of them, as I was working on a 25-car Metroliner (I'd split it into 2 trains normally), and wanted a variety of cars. Depending on the design, I'd probably pay up to $40. And if you could leave out some bricks for (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

(...) I myself having bought the excellent three-pack Bricworx Coach set, might just give your kits a try too. -Harvey (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

steve wrote in message ... (...) But (...) in (...) sleeper (...) I probably wouldn't buy one myself (being one who likes to roll his own -) ) but I think the re-release of the Metroliner will make the market for add-on cars much better. Go for it, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: July-Aug Mania mag features PNLTC, Guarded Inn Special Offer, more.

(...) Would it be possible for someone to scan in these instructions? (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Good point. Brad only talked about how it was kids "directing" their parents to buy, shortly after the context of juniorized sets. I don't have a problem adjusting to being in a minority, because we've been coddled lately. LUGNET however has (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: July-Aug Mania mag features PNLTC, Guarded Inn Special Offer, more.

(...) Ommygoodness I can't believe I forgot to mention this! A copy of this mag and the next bionicle comic were given out to a few folks and I got a copy. The pics are in the context of an article about train clubs. (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) That proves that more sales are generated by the catalog than by people reading lugnet. It *doesn't* say anything about the people making those purchases. Who knows whether it's parents, kids or AFOLs placing the orders? (...) Exactly. The (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  July-Aug Mania mag features PNLTC, Guarded Inn Special Offer, more.

My cat, who was put down in December, has evidently once again been one of the first to receive her Mania Magazine. Some points of interest: A whole page of pics of layouts from the PNLTC (hence x-post to trains) Guarded Inn is on the back cover as (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

(...) Cool, I would buy some, if only to support the industry (and maybe scope out the competition a little ;-) ). I bought a Bricworx coach even though it's not really my cup of tea, and I have a Chessie from way way back when Steve was selling (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

(...) Now that I will be able to purchase the Metroliner at a reasonable price, I am interested in your custom add on kits. So the new releases make your kits even more attractive to someone like me. I could see purchasing one of each for Christmas (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Just a question-- this is about the fourth time you have butchered Ben *BENEKE*'s name. Or is this some more of that subtle humor here that I'm missing? -John (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GATS Church

(...) "This train is bound for glory, this train... WOO-WOO. This train is bound for glory, this train..." :-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GATS Church

No, see, the church is gonna be one of our train CARS. Put that puppy up on bogieplates and away you go! (You should see how big the train engine is!) Peter (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GATS Church

Wow- I hope you have a huge display space available. Otherwise you may have to punch a hole through for the trains to pass. "Haulin' freight for Jesus!" Or is this the kind of place where you need a big old train just to haul the congregation? -- (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

(...) made (...) 1) Yes, if they were designd and executed well. 2) $45 at most Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: August Surprise...

Good point. The 6691 Monorail Transport Base is Space/Unitron, and the 6399 Airport Shuttle is Town/Flight yet both are monorails - similar to trains (i.e. bi-rails?). I think the Lego Group should be consistant. The existing line of trains ARE (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: August Surprise...

Iain, No need to apologize. I was reacting to your post with a little humor (some would say very little). I think that it is best to handle a difference of opinion and get a chuckle at the same time. There are others who see something posted of (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Something Brad talked about that I haven't seen mention of is that he wants to head towards more customization of sets. I don't think My Own Train will be the last color customizeable set. He also mentioned things "Chinese family dinners" (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact