 Town / 934
Re: please help id: 1x2 "police" brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 18:31:06 GMT

In lugnet.town, Susan Hoover writes:
In a batch of eBay winnings[1], I found a single 1x2 police brick.  The
printing looks like that in
the police station from 1979
(best seen in the
instructions at <http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0381-1979/0381-
02.html>), but the rest of that set isn't there.  The font is smaller
than the one used in <http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/1000/1610-
1991/1610-02.html> and <set:600> and <set:644>, and in 1993, TLG
apparently changed to a different typeface altogether (and stickers):
<http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6344/6344-07.html>.

Were there any small sets that contained the 1x2 "police" brick with
printing like that in set 381 Police Station?

Thanks...

[1] So far, I've found FX-Star Patroller minus 6 pieces and
Surface Explorer minus 1 piece, in one lot.  The two came in
the same eBay lot but had only one Classic Space yellow fig between
them.  In another lot, I've found about 90% of <set:2160 Crystal
Scavenger>, Spy Shark minus a few pieces, the baseplate and
a number of pieces from Island, 4 printed quarter
circles and 2 trans-antifreeze quarter circles plus 3 figs and other
pieces from one of the larger UFO sets (but I don't know which one
yet), plus some pieces from an Exploriens set.  But none of these are
town-related, so if you happen to reply to the footnote, please reset
FU.  :-)

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX

After a bit of investigating, the only set I know of to have had a 1x2 White
brick with POLICE printed in black would be set 6522.  There may have been
other sets with this piece, but I could find any.

__Kevin Salm__