 Town / 9254
9253  |  9255
Subject:
Big LEGO building auctioned at museum benefit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 01:09:57 GMT

Hi, everyone!

I’ve been pretty busy lately so sorry for the lack of updates. Just yesterday I participated at a black-tie benefit dinner for The Museum of Arts & Design, New York.

The Museum is moving to a new building on Columbus Circle in New York, and asked me to build a model of their new building. It was auctioned off at the dinner, and I’ve recently been asked to create a duplicate of the model for display at the museum’s new building.

The model is about 3 feet tall, and lit from within. There’s about 30 minifigs on the inside of the building, that cast colored silouettes as you peer through the clear bricks from various angles. The building is also a very unusual shape: it’s curved on one side, and has odd-angles for two other sides, which presented some interesting design challenges. I also included a little city-scene at the base of the building and the landmark statue of Columbus that is across the street. (What fun is a building without a little city life, anyway?)

I look incredibly serious/bored/congested/something in that picture, but rest assured I was having a good time. :) More at http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/24142

Sean
- - -
Sean Kenney