 Town / 8819
Re: Diner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:31:27 GMT

In lugnet.town, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
I decided to redo my diner recently.  I liked my first version, but thought it
was to big and didn't have much soul.  I had to make some sacrifices to
reproduce it in a scale that I felt fit with my other buildings and layout but,
I am really happy with the results.

This diner was based on a diner in Fall River, MA, that, incidently, my family
used to own.  I have named my diner "Al's" after my father.

Here is the newest version:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=169751>

Previous version:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=727027>

Actual diner:
<http://www.dinercity.com/dinerTour/alMacs.html>

I like how the colors of this diner stand out against the more earth-tone colors
of the rest of my layout.

Enjoy!

Thanks,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Just when I start designing buildings again you start posting stuff I could
never dream of matching ;) It's a good push to try though. Once more an
excellent model.

Tim

Thanks!  Your stuff is great and it has inspired me plenty.  And, you seem to
crank it out very quickly.

Keep pushing, always, but, you're already there.

Thanks again,
Jonathan