 Town / 8709
Re: Small town building reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 03:04:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
Hey, this is a great idea!  I think it would be great if people from
different cities around the world were able to do something like this.

     Agreed!  I take pics of architecture and buildings when I travel, and have
pics of: Las Vegas, NV; Pittsburgh, PA; Boston, MA; and Omaha, NE.  I'll post
them as I get the chance.

Also,
maybe Kevin could sidebar them on the town homepage.  We could create an
inspirational resource for various cities that people don't have the chance
to actually visit.

     Maybe one of us could create a page here on LUGNET (I don't know how yet,
but can learn), which could be the link repository for all these great building
reference pics.  It might not be as spiffy as Classic Space Forum's Space
Concept Art gallery at http://classic-space.com/concept/ (but it could be) - but
the idea's the same, and worth exploring as a resource.  The main .town,
.architecture, and/or .trains pages could link to this resource page

If there is interest in this, I'll volunteer to do the NYC
area.

     Please do!

PS:  Ondrew,  thanks very much for breathing some life into .town and Lugnet
in general.  I am not able to post that often but I do read and follow the
happenings here.

   Same here - Thanks!!

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander