 Town / 8249
Re: Scenes from Los Angeles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 18:31:25 GMT

In lugnet.town, Stefan Garcia wrote:
   Neat scenes. I especially like the pueblito. You captured the look of the spanish tile very well! Back home in Texas, nearly every building on Randolph Air Force base has that style roof.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, it’s pretty much the same here. Actually, I think Jojo got the roofs better by stepping the slopes up from eachother. Next time I do this sort of roof I’ll probably do it that way.

   Also some neat details in your city scene, especially the barrier around the tree.

Thanks. I was really happy with that bit.

   Most of the pictures came out too yellow though - I’d suggest changing the lighting setup or color correcting it on the computer.

I have a lot of problems with that. Sometimes two pictures taken immediately after eachother will have very different color balances. I’ve tried playing around with different light sources, and am now trying to do more with color balancing in Photoshop. Still not there, yet, though.

   Cool stuff!

-Stefan-

Thanks. I’ve actually been sitting on these for a while, waiting to photograph. So now I’m sort of excited to tear everything down so I can build again.

Bruce