 Town / 8061
Re: Three Trunk Tree and Tall Thin Tree
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 03:12:03 GMT

In lugnet.town, Mark Bellis wrote:
   Here’s a three-trunk tree that I built for my railway layout: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1103733 I used 2L black technic liftarms to attach more flex tubes to the central one. The white blobs underneath are geese!

Also a tall thin tree next to an office block: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1103665 This tree uses a longer flex tube. Brown 1x1 round bricks space out the leaf pieces so that it’s only the top section that needs checking for correct branch spacing after a journey.

These trees are a development of simpler ones, which are themselves inspired by earlier pictures of an orchard by Deborah Higdon, so thanks for the inspiration. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=737041

Mark

while i will say a gracious thank you, i don’t think i can take credit for any unique design here. i was inspired to turn the tree pieces upside down for the “apples” to hang after seeing these trees by brickshelf user heiner berg. as is always the way with this abs/brick thing, we always want to build a different mousetrap.

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-