 Town / 7799
Re: LEGO Millyard model to cover 2,000 square feet, Sponsored by NELUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:08:06 GMT

"Erik Varszegi" <erik.varszegi@america.lego.com> wrote in message
<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ik-Var/Millyard/logo.jpg>>

Hey everyone.

This is Erik Varszegi and it's my first post on LUGNET, though I've been
enjoying this online LEGO Fan community for years.

I'm one of the Master Builders headquartered in the Enfield offices. I • have
been heavily imvolved with the LEGO Millyard Project for the past nine • months
and am excited to see how Phase 1 unfolds this weekend.

While we are working with NELUG during the begining stages of • construction, it
is our hope to have the fan community as a whole helping with designs of • all
sorts to populate the mini-fig scale city of Manchester. This is something • that
Jake hinted at during his keynote speech  during BrickFest this summer and • we
should have the details on how you can participate in the coming months.

<snipped press release>

Oh, and by the way I spell my name with a K. Just a little pet peeve of
mine.

Fantastic news Erik,

Minilands in the LEGOland parks are amazing but I've always maintained what
people WANT to see is fantastic large construction at minifig scale. That
way people feel they are able to take the ideas home with them and try it
themselves.

I look forward to seeing how this progresses, and look forward to seeing a
similar project over here in Europe :)

--
James Stacey
------