 Town / 7389
Re: BrickTopia - Road & Rail Cargo Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:49:13 GMT

In lugnet.town, Adrian Drake wrote:

Very Hamiltonian!  Your style shows as always.  Generally, I like it, but the
white ramps look tacked on and really don't flow well with the rest of the
building.
Thanks for the feedback.

I agree that the white ramps are quite obnoxious looking and interrupt the
vertical thrust of the building.  They are there explicitly to add rather
blatant dissonance.  Not only does the shape not match, but the "white" color
isn't used any place else, but on these ramps.

On a whim, I put these on about 1/2 way through the process of making this
building.  It certainly looked strange, but I kind of liked it, so I just kept
on going in that direction.  There were some challenges in trying to blend it in
a bit (yes, there have been some attempts).

For fun, after seeing your post, I peeled them off.  Without the ramps, the
building certainly looks more vertical, and more realistic, but it loses a great
deal of its "character."  The ramps, in concert with the other horizontal
elements on the roof, give the building a very quirky, not-quite-right feeling.

I've often gotten feedback that certain of my buildings tend towards the
excessively strange (to many colors, or too odd of shapes).  I usually agree
eventually, but I tend to enjoy the oddity just the same.