 Town / 7123
7122  |  7124
Subject:
3 Skyscrapers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 19:06:26 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

At last weekends GATS show, I showed my 3 skyscapers for the first time. Besides John Bucy’s LeVeque tower that we have showed before, we complemented the Columbus OH skyline with:

Huntington Center: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=71887

Vern Riffe Building: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=71888

Borden Building: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=71886

All three buildings are in the same scale as the LeVeque, 1:100. This translates into 1 meter equals 1 brick. For all of the 4 skyscrapers, this comes down to between 3 2/3 brick to 4 1/3 brick per floor. My 3 buildings have the exact amount of floors as the real buildings. We had several people count the floors, and indeed conclude there were enough of them. We encountered quite a few people that worked/ had worked in one of those buildings, some pointed out where their office is/was located. I’ve included pictures of the real buildings in the folders for comparison. The 4 skyscapers are part of our ongoing downtown project. The tallest Columbus skyscraper is not yet build, nor has anyone stepped forward to do so (frankly, it is a pretty boring one). Maybe by next Columbus GATS (in 2005), we’ll have a few more, as well as some of the lower-rise buildings around the downtown area. Comments/suggestions welcome.

Paul